What Is Drupal And Key Features Of Drupal
As one of the most trusted CMS options in the market, Drupal is a go-to option for many. But what exactly is Drupal and why should it be your next choice when building a website?
Drupal is content management software that is used to make many of the websites and applications that you come across every day.
It has great standard features and these include easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security. However, its biggest feature is flexibility. Having a great drupal development agency that knows how to harness all these features is critical for a brand's success.
Drupal has a lot of advantages and there are a lot of drupal features. Everyone, including people from the best drupal development company in India, is aware that Drupal’s features can’t be matched with other cms.
- Open-Source:It is “Open-source” which means the software source code for drupal web design is made publicly available and can be modified. It’s great to have an open-source content management system.
- Reliability: Drupal is one of the top three most popular content management systems in the world with a longstanding history.
- Available resources: Nearly anything you want to do has been probably tried before by other people on the drupal cms. And the other great news is nearly all of the most useful modules are in the drupal community forums.
- Flexibility: You can create any content on the site you want. In fact, you can customize anything to fit your exact tastes. You can create any website type that you want because of the drupal framework.
- Scalability: By scalability, we mean that you can extend your Drupal core to a higher level with different modules.
CMS standing for Content Management System is a computer software or an application that manages to use a database to manage all content and it is used in developing websites. The Drupal Content management system is one of the best out there and a proper drupal development agency can harness all of its powers.
Apart from having multiple content types and device-specific displays, it’s also great for search engine optimization or SEO purposes. Let’s talk more about its key features:
Web Services Built-in
Drupal has built-in web services that make it possible to use itself as a data source, and output content Hypertext Application Language is implemented in Drupal for more efficiency.
More html5 features
HTML5 is the de facto standard when it comes to writing web markup. The same is now available natively in Drupal so you have access to input fields like date, e-mail, phone, etc.
Quick and easy editing
Isn’t it great to see something that needs changing and have the ease of access to change it? That too, directly and quickly? Now Quick Edit is a backport of the Drupal website builder.
Testing is not always possible for the front-end, so JaveScript automated testing is now possible with Drupal saving lots of time and effort.
In drupal a theme is a set of files. They define the visual look and feel of the site and you can use themes contributed by others or create your own. Install Drupal and give it a shot.
A module is basically code that extends Drupal's functions by altering existing functionality or you could even do so by adding new features. You can use modules contributed by others or learn how to create ones by yourself.
We all get stuck but you can get help with Drupal software by searching their site, using forums, reading the community documentation, trying Slack, and many other methods.
In Drupal, user Management means the ability that it has when it comes to different user-related tasks. It manages the information of the user, this allows for things like creating or deleting the user, and changing passwords, time, and roles.
1. Smooth Upgrade from Drupal 8 to Drupal 9
When upgrading to Drupal 9 you will experience a smooth upgrade experience! Almost like butter.
2. Drupal 9 Eliminates a lot of Code in Drupal 8
Drupal 9 weeds out all the deprecated code in Drupal 8. This is a very long and ongoing process. So you can make it part of your daily routine to remove outdated code from your Drupal 8 so that upgrading will be as easy.
3. Drupal 9 reduces Third-party Dependencies
As Drupal 9 will eliminate deprecated code on any of the Drupal 8 or 7 websites, it will definitely be cutting down on third-party dependencies.
That sums up our guide on what Drupal is and why you should be considering it for your next project.
If you are looking to get your website developed in Drupal, contact UPDOT today and as always, we assure you, we do things better.